In which Cinna actually, perhaps secretly, ships hayffie
Chimamamda Ngozi Adiche, We Should All Be Feminists
The most powerful thing anyone has ever said to me: “You deserve to take up space.”
SO MUCH THIS.
cockiness is so attractive to me in a way and it’s so irritating. like it’s annoying. and it annoys me. but the kind of expression and body language that comes with it. the self-satisfied attitude. the smug comments. the eye rolling. the smirking. “come and get me” hand gestures during a fight. eyebrow raising with an air of superiority. it’s just like. fuck you. i’m annoyed right now. i am so annoyed right now. but oh my fuck i am also so very, very attracted right now
Ahahah I don’t think you understand the severity of the Everlark feelings I have right now ahaha help me
"There’s still time. You should sleep."
Unresisting, he lies back down, but just stares at the needle on one of the dials as it twitches from side to side. Slowly, as I would with a wounded animal, my hand stretches out and brushes a wave of hair from his forehead. He freezes at my touch, but doesn’t recoil. So I continue to gently smooth back his hair. It’s the first time I have voluntarily touched him since the last arena.
"You’re still trying to protect me. Real or not real," he whispers.
“Real,” I answer. It seems to require more explanation.
"Because that’s what you and I do. Protect each other."
After a minute or so, he drifts off to sleep.
I HAVE WAITED MY LIFE TO FIND THIS OMG I CAN’T I JUST CAN’T
She wanted them to be a team.
Huum okay I don’t want to sound rude or anything but did we watch the same movie ?
- The water scene : He was fighting with another tribute who attacked him (maybe when he jumped into the water idk). And then he managed to kill him in the water so no he didn’t need to be saved
- The force field : the only reason Katniss knew about it was because Beetee told her when they were training at the Capitol (before the Games). Except for her, no one had any idea it was there. Had Finnick (or Mags) been leading, he would have gotten zapped too
- The fog : actually Katniss was the one who fell and Peeta went back to get her. He covered her body with his and took a lot of the gas. That’s why he had to be carried afterwards.
- The monkeys : again you are wrong. He was the 1st one to stab a monkey, and I’m pretty sure he was also the one who killed the monkey who was trying to drown Katniss (though I’m not 100% sure on this, might have been Finnick because I also remember his trident idk)
- "He failed to protect Beetee" : that wasn’t his job. His mission was to save Katniss. When he saw that the wire got cut, he went to find her
- Getting kidnapped by the Capitol : Like Haymitch said at the end, he was kidnapped because he still had his tracker whereas Johanna cut Katniss’. Obviously they were gonna save Katniss, she’s the Mockingjay, Finnick & Beetee were near her when she sent that arrow so they were saved too. The rest wasn’t so they couldn’t retrieve them as well. Does that mean Johanna is weak as well ? Because she was also captured
So no, Peeta didn’t “need to be saved all the time”. I agree that Katniss has saved his life plenty of times, and that’s what I love about her and their relationship. But what I love even more is that he has saved her plenty of times as well. Like when he gave the bread when they were younder. He also came up with the star crossed lovers strategy that got them sponsors, they would have died in the arena if they didn’t have those sponsors. he also saved Katniss from Cato in the 1st book/movie etc…
And onf of my favorite quote from Mockingjay “Because that’s what you and I do, protect each other.”